Traveling During Fertility Treatment
Whether it’s for work, family holidays, or a long-awaited vacation, you may be wondering how to arrange travel while undergoing fertility treatment. It’s possible – but not recommended during the active phase of your IVF cycle.
Here are some guidelines to consider before you pack your bags:
- If you’re flying, contact the airline to find out what is required for you to carry on treatment medications and/or syringes. If necessary, Dr. Robbins can write a letter stating your need to travel with your fertility medication.
- Don’t forget to pack extra accessories like needle tips, alcohol wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Bring a travel sharps container to ensure you properly dispose of any needle tips.
- If your medication needs to be refrigerated, use frozen gel packs (they will need to be frozen solid, not slushy to get through TSA screening).
- Make sure you have received all the proper vaccinations if you’re traveling outside the country. Contact us to review your vaccinations, as some may not be recommended for patients in the midst of fertility treatment.
At Center for Reproductive Health, we will work with you to accommodate your plans and sometime busy life. If you know about travel plans in advance, call us at (509) 462-7070 to discuss your medications and where you are in your cycle.